Contacts existing and potential new customers to promote sales of material handling equipment and conveyor systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Present sales plan to President and manage daily efforts toward plan.
• Manage and grow relationships with current customers in established territory including MN, WI, IA, ND & SD. Visit customer sites to understand customer’s operations & introduce products, services, and solutions.
• Develop new customer relationships by identifying business needs and growth plans, educating key decision makers, and recommending integrated solutions to achieve business goals.
• Anticipate customer needs and proactively customize solutions to meet customer’s business objectives. Inform customers of material handling technology trends.
• Works on multiple projects simultaneously, some with assistance from estimating and engineering, but often completes small to mid-sized projects independently. Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements. Develops concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
• Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions. Presents proposals to clients.
• Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate, and close.
• Process orders and work with Administrative Assistant by informing customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, final payment, etc.)
• Work with in house Design Engineer on creating drawings for customer projects.
• Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support.
• Offer customers after sales service and work with inside sales parts coordinator on recommended spare parts for each project
• Must be detail oriented, customer driven and work well in a team environment. Experience 5-8 Years Material Handling, Conveyor and/or Automation Sales